Hooray, it's November and the season for giving and expressing gratitude!
November kicks off my favorite time of year. There's nothing quite like being in the giving spirit where you can show others how much you love and appreciate them. An opportunity to express gratitude for all your blessings, the fantastic people in your life, and clients.
As an entrepreneur, you can be a leader in your community and industry by showing your gratitude by giving back to others.
In fact, it's quite ingenious!
Your generosity to give back has a lot of benefits. Here are five reasons how being a philanthropist can benefit your business both online and off:
- Builds respect and an excellent reputation in your community and industry.
- Connections and networking with others who have similar passions for giving back.
- Increases brand awareness, exposure, and provides positive publicity.
- Creates a ripple effect for more generosity within your community.
- Builds goodwill within your community.
As you can see, aside from the tax benefits and your heart overflowing with love, there are many reasons why a business should consider giving back to others.
How can a business give back to their community?
A business can get creative with their philanthropy work. However, to start, one must determine a cause that speaks to the heart of the company. From there the business will need to find a charity or charities that support their favorite cause. Once, finding a purpose and a foundation is determined, then the next step is deciding how they would like to give back.
Here are ten ways a business can give back to their community once they have a clear focus on their philanthropy work:
- Donate money to a charity on a regular basis.
- Volunteer time or services.
- Host or sponsor a benefit.
- Sponsor a child, family, or sport's team.
- Launch a charity drive for food, clothing, toys, or essentials.
- Partner with a non-profit organization to be a referral partner.
- Host a time-sensitive sale where a percentage of the proceeds are donated to a charity.
- Display a donation jar.
- Donate products or other items to a charity.
- Provide a mentorship, internship, or a scholarship.
Pretty incredible ways to give back, right?
There are probably hundreds of ways your business could give back year-round. However, if you're not sure where to begin giving back, ask your local Chamber of Commerce for upcoming charitable events, read the bulletin boards at your local stop and shops, ask your friends, family, and acquaintances, or ask on social media.
I believe that giving hands are open hands for receiving abundance in many forms.
Give back to your community so that you can leave your mark on the world and leave a legacy that you can be proud of for years to come.
Share in the comments below: How do you plan to give back to your community this holiday season?