HOW TO STAY INSPIRED WHEN YOU'RE READY TO GIVE UP?
Have you recently wanted to just give it all up? Are you stressed, frustrated and wondering when your business or brilliant ideas are going to work?
Yeah, I feel you! I've been there and done that before too. Being an entrepreneur is NOT always easy, but it worth it!
Being a creative entrepreneur in this online market space is both a blessing and a curse. As a creative, we're required to always be in tip-top shape with our creativity. Ideas should just flow from us and they're expected to always be brilliant. Right? Or so it seems anyway...
I want you to know that as a creative and being an online business owner, it can be a challenge and there will be days that you want to just say, 'screw it!'. Trust me, I've totally been there. Multiple times in fact! Which is why I want to share with you ways that I have gotten my groove back, to reignite the fire burning within and hustle like a crazy lady to get back on track. Nothing in this world is ever impossible! You just have to believe that you can achieve it and then take some massive action!
Here are five ways to reignite the passion in your business!
RECONNECT TO YOUR "WHY"
When you're feeling discouraged you can easily forget why you thought your brilliant ideas or business would work, but your WHY is what originally lit a fire under your toosh to get all of your amazing ideas rolling so that your business could flourish!
How do you light that FIRE within when it's been put out?
- Jot down your WHY and/or create a vision board of your WHY and hang it in a place that you can see it ALL the time.
- Create affirmations that correspond to your WHY and read them multiple times a day.
- Establish a mindset routine that incorporates a visualization technique so that you can visualize your success already happening.
Can you relate? Ever have those days where you stare at the white screen of death with that blasted blinking cursor taunting you? Yeah, me too! I swear I give all of my best ideas to my clients and I'm left with nothing!
TALK TO A BIZ BESTIE
When you're feeling like you want to give up and need to vent...girl, just DO IT! Having a biz bestie in your life who supports, loves you, and will listen to you while providing you valuable feedback to get you back up on the horse and ready to ride is so important as an entrepreneur.
Don't have a biz bestie or support system for yourself in your business?
- Reach out to 3 new people this week that you've been secretly watching online and introduce yourself. Tell them how awesome you think they are!
- Connect with 3 other fearless entrepreneurial women and offer to virtually meet for a coffee date.
- Step outside of your comfort zone and make some new friends locally by attending a networking event or visiting the local coffee shop where other entrepreneurs hang out to work.
FOLLOW YOUR OWN DREAMS
When you're totally ready to wave the white flag in defeat, journal what your version of success looks like. Redefine what success means to YOU!
Are your goals and actions in alignment with your big vision?
Typically when things are not going our way, it's a direct result of being out of alignment. Meaning, you're following the path that wasn't right for you by following someone else's dream and not your own. Why? Well, let's be honest here, you were likely easily influenced and were star struck by all the possibilities. You bought into the "overnight" success story and now you're frustrated because you haven't "made it" yet. Sound about right?
What does success mean to you? What does it look like?
Here are some questions for you to journal about that will help you determine what your version of success truly is:
- What is your vision and mission that you have for your business?
- What are your personal and professional goals? (Big or small we love them all!)
- Where do you see yourself and your business in the near future?
- What brings you joy and happiness to your business?
- Why are you in business?
- What's your purpose?
TAKE A DAY OFF
When you're feeling like you're ready to ditch this gig, take a moment to evaluate the entire situation. Ask yourself this, "Have I been so wrapped up in hitting my goals that I've neglected taking some much needed time for myself?" I guarantee the answer is a resounding YES!
You can't sustain a lifestyle like that for long. Therefore, schedule time to take a day off or two from the business to practice some self-care. Go to the spa, go shopping, snuggle with your kiddos, stay all day in your bed. Do whatever your little heart desires. Just as long as you're taking care of YOU!
Why? So that you can avoid burnout! I often see fellow creative entrepreneurs burnout due to overworking and taking less care of themselves. Therefore, I guarantee you'd rather schedule the time to practice some self-care versus being forced into it due to depression, exhaustion or complete burnout.
How do you do this?
- Set healthy boundaries with family, friends, and clients by creating office hours that you will stick to!
- Schedule days or even short breaks during the week to unplug and have some FUN!
- Look to do things that LIGHT you up and inspire you throughout the week.
TAKE A BREAK
When you're feeling utterly and completely stuck and are ready to throw in the towel, take a quick break to breathe and regroup.
The world we live in is so fast-paced. We're constantly connected and plugged into our devices all day. It's exhausting! Therefore, it is really easy to "spin your wheels" and be "busy" without really getting anything done. Which is why it's so important and valuable to schedule time to unplug from the business and all of its distractions to regroup!
But how, right?
I know, I know...you have a list a mile long and only YOU can do the tasks, right? Girl, puh-lease....
- Schedule time each day for 10-15 minutes to pray/meditate and wait for a divine download of ideas.
- Jot down all the ideas that come to you...even if they make absolutely no sense. [Eventually the will!]
- Prioritize your daily tasks.
- Schedule and/or block out time to do each task.
- Take some massive inspired action!
Alright, there you have it! Five ways I have saved myself from burnout, lack of inspiration and wanting to throw in the towel.
Listen, I totally understand what it's like to be a creative entrepreneur. I've been doing this whole entrepreneur thing for 10+ years and I can tell you that every time I feel like I finally have a handle on things, something shifts and I'm putting out fires galore. I often tell myself that, "This too shall pass." and "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Powerful power phrases to use when I'm getting a bit frazzled with my to-do list, clients messaging me, my son wanting my attention and the phone for my 2nd business ringing off the hook. Heck, there's a bonus tip for you, create your own personal power phrase that'll help flip the switch on the chaos and calm you down!
Share in the comments below: What's your biggest struggle when it comes to staying inspired in your business? How do you plan to overcome this obstacle?