HOW TO GROW YOUR EMAIL LIST
Are you struggling to grow your email list?
Perhaps you have heard that the money is in your list, but you're spinning your wheels trying to grow it. Maybe you're doing "all the things," but your list size never seems to grow.
Can you relate?
I know I have been in a similar position and it's super frustrating when you feel like you're putting in all of the work but are not seeing the results.
There's one thing I know for sure that if you're struggling to grow your list, it comes down to three things.
- Your offer [lead magnet, opt-in or freebie]
- Your messaging
- Your strategy
Let's dive into your offer because that's usually the culprit. I want to be sure that your offer is out of this world!
First things first, if you don't know what a lead magnet is then let's briefly talk about that. It's an offer that you're presenting to your ideal audience as a gift in exchange for their information. Such as name and email so that you can add them to your email list.
Alright, moving on, your offer should solve the #1 problem of your ideal audience with specificity. Most people don't want a 200 page eBook or an 8-week eCourse as a freebie.
When preparing your lead magnet, consider the following eight key points to creating a convertible lead magnet:
- It's relevant to your audience.
- It's consumable in 60-sec or less.
- Focused on one central idea or step of the process.
- Be extremely specific towards a segment of your audience.
- Provide a quick win.
- It's action-oriented.
- Provides a pathway from Point A to Point B.
- Be cohesive with your brand and paid offers.
Once you have designed your lead magnet which could be a checklist, a spreadsheet, a quiz, a printable, an infographic, a short video training, a webinar, or a coupon, to name a few, you'll then want to place it on a landing page for opt-in conversion.
Now when it comes to messaging, the #2 issue with lead generation and conversion, there's a slew of items I could address. However, to keep this short, I recommend asking yourself these questions to help you hone in on the specificities of your offer and get into the mind of your ideal audience so that you can master your marketing message and optimize conversion:
- What does your audience have in the "before" phase and want they want to be, do or have in the "after" phase?
- What does your audience believe about themselves in the "before" phase and the "after" phase?
- How does your audience feel in the "before" phase and the "after" phase?
- What does it cost (not necessarily monetarily) your audience to have their #1 problem?
- What are the consequences to your audience as a result of their #1 problem?
- What is a typical day in the life of your audience in the "before" phase and the "after" phase?
- How does their circumstance change in the "before" phase to the "after phase"?
Once you work through these two key pieces + a strategy to promote it, your list will grow! Now I won't dive into a strategy today for the sake of the length of this post but if you're looking for ideas on where to promote your offer to grow your list, grab my free resource 45+ Ways to Grow Your List inside of my FREE Resource Library.
Just enter your information below to get the goods!
Share in the comments below: What questions you have that can I answer for you about growing your list once you have nailed down your perfect lead magnet + mastered your marketing message?